Friday, August 13, 2010

day 87, August 13, 2010


It is 1:30 and somehow I've ended up at home after a busy morning. I've decided to make a marinara sauce using some of my split Brandywine tomatoes, using a post from What's For Dinner Across State Lines. What's For Dinner Across State Lines: Marinara Sauce with Brandywine Tomatoes:

Since I'm sharing Gina and Robbyn's post, I'll borrow their colorful shot of split tomatoes on a bake sheet! Honestly, I had already started steaming the tomatoes to release the skins before I got to the spot in their recipe suggesting the use of a baking sheet. Guess I'll make two batches, and I'll report back if this man's tin tongue perceives a perceptible difference.

All in all, I've had a really satisfying day, feeling like the king of blog queens. To wit, I woke up to a wonderful compliment from journalist/author Jennifer Skiff with a simple four-word compliment: "I love your Blog." Jennifer has published God Stories, Inspiring Encounters with the Divine (http://www.Godstories.com), and is compiling and editing her second collection, entitled, The Divinity of Dogs, a collection of Spiritually Enlightening Canine Interventions. I'm not sure late black lab, Chelsea, ever led an intervention on my behalf, but she had wonderful eye contact, could carry a rolled up newspaper and drop it on a
doorstep. Her spirit still shines in my heart. Her memory gives me strength and a smile. Guess that's why I plan to submit a story; hope you will, too!


Another gardening blogger from California wrote to compliment "the beautiful and humorous voice" of my blog, and to advise me to fill out my profile a bit more. Good advice, it seems. Her blog, The Gardeners Anonymous Blog is colorful, eclectic and useful. http://www.chigiy.com/the_gardeners_anonymous_b/2010/08/sierra-azul-sculpture-garden.html . Chigiy has another blog, as well, Doggie Heaven Hotel, sure to resonate with the canine clique, especially because her experiences are amusing and honest. (http://www.doggieheavenhotel.com/) Hopefully, Chigiy will check out Jennifer's Divinity of Dogs site... I'd love to be a match maker!

Finally, Debbie's sister wrote to compliment the blog, and then we spoke about an idea she has for surplus tomatoes. I love it when everyone gets involved.

Copyright 2010, Ben Greenfield, All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment